Bonjour! Having the luxury of being able to plan international weddings is wondrous, and this is still only the beginning of my journey. Let me help you with yours…
I’ve loved planning weddings for over 9 years and grown into who I am with help from my clients and suppliers! Each step brings new challenges and paths to wander down; every day I learn something new!
It all began with me as a destination wedding planner in Cyprus and since then I’ve set up Matthew Oliver in the UK, which is now just over 4 years old and has grown to creating international weddings, alongside those in the UK of course! How time flies!
My love for travelling started at a young age when my parents and grandparents took us on fun adventures around the world, all in our classic space wagon! We even lived in Paris for 4 years, so you can say that I’m well travelled! Being an international wedding planner is great, as it gives me the opportunity to not only visit new places, but also start new supplier relationships!
Family and friends are everything and they have completely shaped my life and helped me on my journey! My mum, dad and sister all have their own companies, so the support system is extremely strong amongst us. You’ll often find my sister and me drinking a large glass of red talking all things bridal!
What I love most (except our couples, weddings, Winston and of course Bertie!) is going on a long run after work, down the canal path in Bradford-on-Avon with Winston, listening to my female rap and 80’s music – trying my best to sing/rap! (and failing…)
I’m very fortunate with the success of Matthew Oliver and also in life, Bertie has not only been my best friend, but has also been very supportive in the direction of the business, where we can bounce ideas off each other from two different perspectives, which is invaluable!
A Little More About Me
- Oliver is not my name – I made it up!
- Wearing bow ties is my signature and as you can imagine I have a large collection!
- I’m sad at the end of each wedding because it’s all over!
- Flowers and Grey’s Anatomy are the way to my heart.
- I’m like a wedding wikipedia – well I like to think I am.
- I love animals to the point that when I step on a snail I shout out in pain.
- David Attenborough is my idol, and the reason why I love animals.
- I’m a veggie and love coffee!
- I love, love, love female rap and 80’s music – I’m actually writing this to 80’s music!
- I’m just a normal guy, with a huge imagination…..